SOLIDARITY – with refugees & migrants, between countries, between churches!”
“If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honoured, all rejoice together” (1 Corinthians 12:26)
Adopted by the CCME extraordinary General Assembly on 16th October 2021
Europe and International Migration
- Advocate for a clear, transparent and accessible system of migration to Europe – based on fundamental rights of migrants with a focus on family unity.
- Special concern will be given to the most vulnerable in international migration, such as undocumented migrants, women and children.
Upholding the Dignity of Persons, addressing discrimination
- Address the protection of those groups discriminated against in the context of ethnic, social, racial, religious and gender based exclusion.
- Roma discrimination, with particular focus on the role played by churches.
- Commitment against racism and xenophobia, particularly when related to migration.
Uniting in Diversity
- Diversity and “Being Church Together” will stay on the ecumenical agenda.
- Closer cooperation with migrant or minority ethnic churches will be important.
- Intensify and enhance the ecumenical cooperation at national and European levels with migrant and minority ethnic churches.
For detailed information, please consult CCME Work Priorities 2018-2020